RE: SDPng

"Tom-PT Taylor" <taylor@nortelnetworks.com> Fri, 26 May 2000 15:14 UTC

From: Tom-PT Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>
To: 'Dirk Kutscher' <dku@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
Cc: confctrl@ISI.EDU
Subject: RE: SDPng
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:13:08 -0400
Sender: owner-confctrl@zephyr.isi.edu

I did want to say that Megaco has a great deal of interest in an improved
capability negotiation protocol.  We deliberately isolated media flow
negotiation within the Megaco protocol (to the Local and Remote descriptors)
to make it easier to move to a new protocol should a replacement for SDP
appear.  We can use SDP now, but we are threatened with a combinatorial
explosion if there are a lot of details to negotiate.

I suppose this means I should be contributing  to discussion of the topic in