RE: [MMUSIC] TVA comments on the framework and requirements

"Evain Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch> Fri, 06 February 2004 17:02 UTC

Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] TVA comments on the framework and requirements
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:20:23 +0100
From: Evain Jean-Pierre <evain@ebu.ch>
To: Rod.Walsh@nokia.com
Cc: mmusic@ietf.org
Sender: mmusic-admin@ietf.org

Rod,

First of all, thank-you for the clarification on the data model issue.  I'll
be happy to join any off-line work on this subject.  Please let me know...

As concerns the draft documents:

- R2: I think that you partly answered your own question...

"Trailer advertising and booking allow to notify or publicise an isolated
(unicast or multicast) event. The IMG system should allow an IMG client to
subscribe to a service listing such notifications, but also allow for
annoucements being pushed to IMG clients.  Although the resolving and
acquisition protocols shall probably be equivalent to those used for
schedules, data delivery and updating might require the management of
smaller fragments/units of information."

- F2: Now I understand what you were trying to do with referencing the
"system" part 2 of the TVA specification.  I agree, it is probably the main
hook to the other parts of the specification.

I'll probably be attending GBS in Finland.  What's going on in South Korea?

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre