Re: Mailing list for URLs for conversational services

Claudio Allocchio +39 40 3758523 <Claudio.Allocchio@elettra.trieste.it> Tue, 07 October 1997 13:28 UTC

Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 15:18:24 +0200
To: pete.cordell@bt-sys.bt.co.uk
Cc: louise@mvjok.mv.lucent.com, ietf-url@imc.org, voip@vocaltec.com, h323-url@vocaltec.com, pint@lists.research.bell-labs.com, confctrl@ISI.EDU, ietf-fax@imc.org, s_wright@fujitsu-fnc.com, djz@corp.webtv.net, avs@iki.fi, tnixon@microsoft.com, Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no, moore@cs.utk.edu
From: Claudio Allocchio +39 40 3758523 <Claudio.Allocchio@elettra.trieste.it>
Sender: owner-confctrl@ISI.EDU

Hallo,
just some clarifications:

The work being done in ietf-fax about fax addressing in e-mail service
(which can be easily adopted also as "generic PSTN addressing in e-mail
service" for VPIM and any other service over PSTN) is strictly related
to e-mail address schema.

However the global-phone and local-phone definitions in there are also
applicable to all the other environments dealt with by the other drafts:
in fact already one of the other documents (draft-antti-telephony-url-01.txt)
was aligned to these definitions.

There was a proposal from the Harald Alvestrand (Application Area
co-Director) to align all current proposals using the extension mechanism:

      /label=value

present in draft-ietf-fax-addressing-00.txt already (of course ignoring the
e-mail specific elements defined there).

It currently looks like the ietf-fax group has consensus now on the
address format (we still need to choose one option: the sub-address
separator sytnax). If we forgot about some features which cannot be
handled by the current descriprtion and extension mechanism, please could
the other people/groups let us know? I'd like to finalise the document
for final call soon.

Another question: shall I change the title into:

    Common PSTN service addressing in e-mail service

to reflect the most generic scope?

regards
Claudio