Re: [MMUSIC] AD review: draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes-06

Ingemar Johansson S <ingemar.s.johansson@ericsson.com> Wed, 29 September 2010 06:06 UTC

From: Ingemar Johansson S <ingemar.s.johansson@ericsson.com>
To: "kyunghun.jung@samsung.com" <kyunghun.jung@samsung.com>, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:06:23 +0200
acceptlanguage: sv-SE, en-US
Cc: "mmusic@ietf.org" <mmusic@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] AD review: draft-ietf-mmusic-image-attributes-06

Hi

Just as a (late) followup

3.1.1.2 (Answerer receiving the offer and sending the answer ) says

* The answerer may also, for its receive and send direction,

replace the entries with a complete new set of entries

different from the original proposed by the offerer. The

implementor of this feature should however be aware that this

may cause extra offer/answer exchanges.

Moreover (Offerer receiving the answer)

* If the image attribute is included in the SDP answer but none

of the entries are usablel or acceptable, the offerer SHOULD

resort to other methods to determine the appropriate image

size. In this case the offerer must also issue a new offer/

answer without the image attribute to avoid misunderstandings

between offerer and answerer.

In my opinion this should not lead to inifinite offer answers.

I would say that this should protect against infinte renegotiations. Alternatively I can consider a change from SHOULD to MUST to make things more strict.

Regards
/Ingemar