[MMUSIC] RE: IMG Reqs & FW v01 Internet-drafts: review please!

Evain Jean-Pierre <evain@ebu.ch> Fri, 19 December 2003 14:12 UTC

From: Evain Jean-Pierre <evain@ebu.ch>
To: "'Rod.Walsh@nokia.com'" <Rod.Walsh@nokia.com>
Cc: mmusic@ietf.org, jo@tzi.uni-bremen.de, csp@csperkins.org, toni.paila@nokia.com
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:12:13 +0100
Subject: [MMUSIC] RE: IMG Reqs & FW v01 Internet-drafts: review please!
Sender: mmusic-admin@ietf.org

Rod,

Time is probably pressing but I think there is a need to consider all these
issues carefully all the more so as many parties are interested in not
destabilising the effort spent in DVB and in TV-Anytime.

DVB has adopted TV-Anytime that is now an ETSI standard. TV-Anytime is a
cornerstone of many DVB developments including most recently in DVB IPTV.
Reasonable effort was spent through cross-membership harmonising between TVA
and DVB IPI and more discussion is foreseen on metadata.  This is without
saying that we keep on eye on DVB UMTS that Nokia is necessarily aware of.

We are interested in ensuring that MMUSIC does a good job and we shall
certainly collaborate in a positive spirit.

As I mentioned, we shall come back to you with comments in diverse form,
from individuals and most likely from the TVA Forum itself.  Whether the
bursts will be small or large remains to be decided by those who will
contribute.

It seems that mid-January is okay and we shall be ready on time.

I would encourage you to turn up at the TV-Anytime January (13-16) meeting
in Geneva, which is a lucky location when considering who might potentially
be involved and the deadlines.
DVB IPI is meeting in Geneva on 13-14 January. It would therefore seem that
a joint meeting could take place on the 13 in the afternoon on on the 14th.
I am currently trying to get an answer from DVB IPI, whose Chairman is
directly involved in TV-Anytime.

Short joint meetings are certainly more productive than long e-mails.

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre