[MMUSIC] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-kaplan-mmusic-best-effort-srtp-01.txt

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens.com> Thu, 26 October 2006 12:56 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:55:34 +0100
From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens.com>
To: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>, Francois Audet <audet@nortel.com>, mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: [MMUSIC] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-kaplan-mmusic-best-effort-srtp-01.txt

Hadriel, Francois,

Thanks for working on this update. Just one point. If both SDescriptions and
MIKEY are offered (inclusion of a=crypto and a=key-mgmt lines) and a
different payload type is also indicated for SRTP, this payload type would
apply whether the SDescription-derived key or the MIKEY-derived key is used.
So until the SDP answer arrives, it would still not be possible to render
SRTP. Of course, in the case of SDescriptions it is not possible anyway, but
in the case of certain MIKEY options it ought to be possible. Unfortunately
to resolve this we would need somewhat more complex syntax in the a=srtp
line.

John