[MMUSIC] Connection-Precon-01 question

"James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com> Fri, 03 December 2004 20:01 UTC

Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:58:44 -0600
To: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
From: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>
Cc: mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: [MMUSIC] Connection-Precon-01 question
Sender: mmusic-bounces@ietf.org

Gonzalo

This is a follow up question along the same lines to what I sent on 11/8.

I thought the idea of preconditions was that they need to be met prior to
session establishment. I believe this is when the precondition state table
is identical in both UAs. I do not believe your example in this ID shows
this to be true prior to transmitting the 180. Shouldn't your UPDATE
message have the a=curr line of:

         a=curr:conn e2e <something>
         a=des:conn mandatory e2e sendrecv

and not "none" as your examples has (maybe this should be "send" only since
A has its radio up at this time)?

Further, shouldn't the 200 OK to that UPDATE (or some other message) have
the following A lines:

         a=curr:conn e2e sendrecv
         a=des:conn mandatory e2e sendrecv

as this would show the precondition conn has been met in both directions?

My confusion is that your precondition is looking for the conn attribute to
meet the current condition of "e2e sendrecv", and your example does not
have this prior to showing everything is met and to progress to the 180
(meaning preconditions have been met).

All this said, I understand you are changing the state in the A line:

         a=setup

attribute along the way. You just do not seem to be addressing the "a=curr"
condition.

Or am I missing something here?

>To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
>From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
>Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:14:52 -0500
>Cc: mmusic@ietf.org
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-connection-precon-01.txt
>Sender: i-d-announce-bounces@ietf.org
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
>Working Group of the IETF.
>
>         Title           : Connection-Establishment Preconditions in the
> Session
>                           Initiation Protocol (SIP)
>         Author(s)       : G. Camarillo
>         Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-connection-precon-01.txt
>         Pages           : 8
>         Date            : 2004-12-2
>
>This document defines the connection-establishment precondition type
>    for the SIP preconditions framework. Connection-establishment
>    preconditions are met when a transport connection (e.g., a TCP
>    connection) is successfully established between two endpoints.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-connection-precon-01.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
>i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
>message.
>to change your subscription settings.
>

>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-ietf-mmusic-connection-precon-01.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>

>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         mailserv@ietf.org.
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-connection-precon-01.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>

>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>CONTENT ABOVE THIS LINE IS *NOT* FROM CISCO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
>In order to maintain computing infrastructure integrity, Cisco Systems
>Enterprise Messaging Services and InfoSec teams have set a mail policy
>disallowing executable attachments in email.

> [...]

cheers,
James