[Mobopts] Change Log for draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-03.txt

Christian Vogt <chvogt@tm.uka.de> Sat, 08 October 2005 22:21 UTC

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:20:41 +0200
From: Christian Vogt <chvogt@tm.uka.de>
To: MOBOPTS <mobopts@irtf.org>
Cc: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@kolumbus.fi>, Rajeev Koodli <rajeev.koodli@nokia.com>, William Arbaugh <waa@cs.umd.edu>
Subject: [Mobopts] Change Log for draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-03.txt
Sender: mobopts-bounces@irtf.org

Hi folks,

two updates have recently been made to the Route Optimization
Enhancements document, which now has version 03.  Here is a list of the
major changes that we made:

(1) FMIPv6, HMIPv6, delegation, and processing improvements have been
removed from the document according to rough consensus of the RG, as
those optimizations are rather unrelated to route optimization.

(2) "Future Research" is now a stand-alone section.  It used to be part
of the "Analysis".

(3) Section "Mobility-Related Security Threats" now defines the various
attack types in a shorter, more concise manner.  It refers to
draft-ietf-mip6-ro-sec-03.txt for further information.

(4) Section "Registration Procedure" has been compressed and refers to
RFC 3775 for the details.

(5) Section "Goals and Assumptions" has been cut out.  We rewrote the
considerations on PKIs in form of "A Note on Public Key Infrastructures"
within the "Introduction".  The purpose of this note is to clarify the
position that the document takes on this topic, similar to that of the
existing "Note on Source Address Filtering".

(6) We rewrote section "Introduction".  It, too, is shorter now, modulo
the new sub-section on PKIs mentioned above.

(7) The existing "Abstract" was replaced with a single-sentence one.

The new document version will appear shortly on the IETF I-D repository.
  It is already available at

http://doc.tm.uka.de/2005/draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-03.txt

Kind regards,
- Christian

--
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/