Re: [Mobopts] draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt

Christian Vogt <chvogt@tm.uka.de> Tue, 21 February 2006 07:32 UTC

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:32:22 +0100
From: Christian Vogt <chvogt@tm.uka.de>
To: Greg Daley <gregd@research.panasonic.com>
Subject: Re: [Mobopts] draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt
Cc: mobopts@irtf.org

Hi Greg,

sorry for the late response.  Was out of town for a few days.

Yes, the intention for writing draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt was
to finally provide a document that is ready for publication.

"Simple CBA" refers to the basic (and easy-to-implement) mode where the
correspondent node measures a mobile node's effort in terms of the
packets received from that mobile node.  I got the impression that this
mode seems to be widely considered mature in the community now.

Simple CBA is a product of the Mobopts Research Group.  And so is the
rest of CBA, which is a bit less simply and more researchy, though.
Hence, I agree with you that publication as an Experimental or Standards
Track RFC would be suitable for Simple CBA, while the prospective IRTF
Research Track would be more appropriate for the rest of CBA, IMO.

Regards,
- Christian

--
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH)
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/