[Monami6] updated goal / agenda

Nicolas Montavont <montavon@nist.gov> Thu, 14 July 2005 21:27 UTC

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:27:27 -0400
From: Nicolas Montavont <montavon@nist.gov>
To: Monami6 BOF proposal <monami6@ietf.org>
Subject: [Monami6] updated goal / agenda
Sender: monami6-bounces@lists.ietf.org

Folks,

I would like to add some items to be discussed during the BOF. I would
like to first have your opinion before adding them to the agenda

    - Should we consider MMI
(http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~montavont/ietf/draft-montavont-mobileip-mmi-02.txt)
as a potantial document on which the working group can focus? This I-D
proposes different issues that can be actually split into several:
        - How to use MIP when a MN has several interfaces (without
modifying the spec). Basically it is based on a specific use of MIP and
on a special use of HoAs.
        - The document gives a classification of the granularity of the
mobility. I think this can be moved to draft-ernst-goals-and-benefits
since this is our main problem statement draft.
       - The document proposes solutions to each of the proposed
granularity. Each of them could be investigated.

    - I think that it would be very good to have another document
describing the scenarios. I see in each I-Ds the description of one, or
two scenarios, but it would be nice to have some mobility scenarios
defined somewhere. In draft-ernst-goals-amd-benefits, we have some real
life scenarios, and in draft-montavont-mobileip-pb-statement we define a
taxonomy to represent topology. What I propose here is to produce a
document which describes mobility-related scenarios, as well as
theoritical scenarios, as real-life scenarios. This would help to ensure
that all of our solutions apply in all mobility cases

    - Our relation with other WGs (such as MIP6, NEMO, Mobopts,
SHIM6...) should be highlighted. To initiate that discussion, I would
propose to schedule the presentation of draft-bagnulo-shim6-mip-00.txt

    - It is now a long time that people are working on flow movement /
flow filtering for MIP6. Potantial solutions for this are
       _draft-nomadv6-mobileip-filters_ Filters for Mobile IPv6 Bindings
(NOMADv6) [version -02 Expired]
<http://www.comnets.uni-bremen.de/%7Ekoo/draft-nomadv6-mobileip-filters-02.txt>

_        draft-montavont-mobileip-ha-filtering_ Home Agent Filtering for
Mobile IPv6 [TXT]
<http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/%7Emontavont/ietf/draft-montavont-mobileip-ha-filtering-v6-00.txt>
[HTML]
<http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/%7Emontavont/ietf/draft-montavont-mobileip-ha-filtering-v6-00.html>
(expired)
        _I-D from Hesham Soliman on flow filtering

_
Can we try to merge these solutions and add this to the goal of Monami6:
propose a solution to deal with flow movement?

    - We should clearly list on the agenda that we will discuss about
including NEMO multihoming work into Monami6.

Please express your opinions on these points.

Nicolas