RE: [Monami6] Accept draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-04.txtas Monami6 WG Document

"KLAMM Frederic RD-CORE-CAE" <frederic.klamm@francetelecom.com> Mon, 10 April 2006 08:06 UTC

Subject: RE: [Monami6] Accept draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-04.txtas Monami6 WG Document
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:59:34 +0200
From: KLAMM Frederic RD-CORE-CAE <frederic.klamm@francetelecom.com>
To: Ryuji Wakikawa <ryuji@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Cc: Monami6 WG <monami6@ietf.org>

Hi Ryuji,
I understand that having only one CoA per interface is an implementation choice, and that the MCoA draft is to allow several CoA per interface.
Therefore, wouldn't it be worth enlarging formally the scope of the spec by adding in 5.1 :

"  There are two cases when a mobile node has several Care-of Addresses:

   1.  A mobile node uses several physical network interfaces and
       acquires a Care-of Address on each of its interfaces.

   2.  A mobile node uses a single physical network interface, but
       multiple prefixes are announced on the link the interface is
       attached to.  Several global addresses are configured on this
       interface for each of the announced prefixes.	"

A third case, combination of the 2 previous cases, something like :

   3.  A mobile node uses several physical network interfaces and
	several global adresses are configured on at least one of these interfaces.	"

Fred