Re: Potential recharter items (was Re: [MEXT] MIP6/NEMO/MONAMI6 WG drafts - Next steps

"George Tsirtsis" <tsirtsis@googlemail.com> Mon, 26 November 2007 08:33 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=abLX5C3UOfRnvxezkCQlauUUeKbynKghM6QZSg8d7qY=; b=BS+NE9GHHRVQ8xhi35b7mwbrOXvW9RWVLTkhWoMlBwf5rtNgVQOWJmlGoVaTd9y4nr8QmEeXHKrsF39IPVEKJpMtlsrJdKU05YpOJ6JE8WXuYko7NxuKhPJcyhinZKdhmRzslEt2+TaikRv9qzMr0L2Lsfdb7ksqk1fP2Aw24Zg=
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:32:59 +0000
From: George Tsirtsis <tsirtsis@googlemail.com>
To: marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
Subject: Re: Potential recharter items (was Re: [MEXT] MIP6/NEMO/MONAMI6 WG drafts - Next steps
Cc: mext@ietf.org, Vijay Devarapalli <Vijay.Devarapalli@azairenet.com>, Julien Laganier <julien.IETF@laposte.net>

Hi Marcelo/Vijay,

I would prefer not to take this up as a WG document. The draft adds
functionality to a mechanism that is known to be problematic, while a better
alternative exists and is already specified. If someone needs this to be
documented then maybe it can be progressed as an AD sponsored RFC, but IMO
it is not worth the full attention of the WG.

Note that the above is not critisism on the quality of the specific draft,
but rather based on the simple fact that we have already defined an overal
mechanism with better security for bootstrapping and securing MIPv6, and it
would be good for the IETF to be providing the market with clear signals
once in a while ;-)

Regards
George