Re: [mpls-tp] Impossible requirements in the MPLS-TP OAM requirements draft? (was: Concerns regarding draft-frost-mpls-tp-loss-delay-00)

"Riccardo Martinotti" <riccardo.martinotti@ericsson.com> Wed, 11 November 2009 09:15 UTC

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:14:38 +0100
From: Riccardo Martinotti <riccardo.martinotti@ericsson.com>
To: Maarten Vissers <maarten.vissers@huawei.com>
Cc: mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Impossible requirements in the MPLS-TP OAM requirements draft? (was: Concerns regarding draft-frost-mpls-tp-loss-delay-00)

Maarten,

This seems to me a particular case, where the bandwidth profile is not related (and then enforced) to the connection as a whole, but to specific flows within the connection, to be identified either as "EIR only flow" or as "CIR only flow".
How do I treat "CIR and EIR flows" in this case? Usually the bandwidth profile enforcement functions foresee a dual token bucket.
I prefer a queuing/scheduling Option to be applicable to general cases.

Regards,
Riccardo