Re: [mpls-tp] Poll for draft-gray-mpls-tp-nm-req-03 to become an mplswg document

"Rolf Winter" <Rolf.Winter@nw.neclab.eu> Thu, 12 February 2009 10:54 UTC

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:54:29 +0100
From: Rolf Winter <Rolf.Winter@nw.neclab.eu>
To: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com>
Cc: mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Poll for draft-gray-mpls-tp-nm-req-03 to become an mplswg document

Support,

Following are merely suggestions for editorial changes.

Section 2:

Quote:  For the management interface to the management system, an MPLS-
        TP NE is not expected to actively support more than one
        management protocol in any given deployment. The protocol to be
        supported is at the discretion of the operator.

In terms of requirements shouldn't that rather be "...an MPLS-TP NE MAY actively support more than one  management protocol..."

Section 4:

The list seems incomplete to me but the text does not make this clear. Therefore I would suggest to make the following change:

        In order to have the MCN operate properly, a number of
        management functions for the MCN are required <add>including</add>:

Section 5.3.2:

Quote: An MPLS-TP NE MUST provide alarm suppression functionality that
       prevents the generation of a superfluous alarms.

Remove the "a"

Section 5.3.4:

Quote: The MPLS-TP ME SHOULD
       report local (environmental) alarms

I assume you mean NE above and not ME as e.g. defined in draft-busi-mpls-tp-oam-framework-00

Section 10 not needed I assume.

Hope these are of any help.

Best,

	Rolf

NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014