Re: [mpls-tp] poll on making draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-01.txtaworking group document?

"Xueqin WEI (Shuetsing WEI)" <xqwei@fiberhome.com.cn> Fri, 13 March 2009 01:08 UTC

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:09:30 +0800
From: "Xueqin WEI (Shuetsing WEI)" <xqwei@fiberhome.com.cn>
To: hhelvoort <hhelvoort@chello.nl>
Cc: MPLS-TPSG15 <ahmpls-tp@lists.itu.int>, MPLS-TP <mpls-tp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] poll on making draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-01.txtaworking group document?

Huub:

Sorry updated, so I send again.
Thanks for you reply, and please see follow:

>Make-b4-break requires merging which is not supported.
I agree with you! In packet network, protection need merging at the destination end.

>Also make-b4-break may cause PDU duplication which
>cannot be detected.
I agree with you and I think duplicaiton problem is more important! Make-b4-break
 will cause bridge at the source end, and this will cause duplicaton. So we cann't
support make-b4-break in a packet network (MPLS-TP) .

>The one (1) protection entity must be possiible to protect 100% one
>of the N working entities. This means that if the N working entities
>have different bandwidth, the protection entity MUST have the
>capability to protect the largest bandwidth in the N working entities
1:N protection means N work path share the bandwidth of 1 protection path.
If 1 of N working path failed, then this working path will be 100% protected.
But when more than 1 working path failed, then only 1 of N working path will be
protected and the rest failed working path will still failed. IMO, the second one
can't be called 100% protection.

Sincerely Yours
Xueqin Wei (Shuetsing Wei)

Development & Planning Department,
Fiberhome Telecommunication Technologies Co.,Ltd.,
No.88 Youkeyuan Road,Hongshan Dist.,Wuhan,Hubei,P.R.China,430074
Tel:    +86 27 87691310
Fax:    +86 27 87694362
Email:  xqwei@fiberhome.com.cn
2009-03-13  08:21:55