Re: [mpls-tp] draft-bao-mpls-tp-path-transfer-reqs

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Wed, 14 April 2010 11:25 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: curtis@occnc.com, Zhi-Wei Lin <zhiwlin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:18:36 +0100
Cc: yang.faming@zte.com.cn, bao.yuanlin@zte.com.cn, mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] draft-bao-mpls-tp-path-transfer-reqs

Hi,

Note that RFC 3813 has objects such as mplsInSegmentOwner of type MplsOwner
(see RFC 3811).

The "small amounts of signaling" would appear to be present in
draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext

I think that it is valuable to look at the applicability of these mechanisms
to MPLS-TP, and it would be useful if you could try to identify specific
features that cannot be provided by the existing mechanisms. Fundamentally,
I don't see why this operation in MPLS-TP would be any different from any
other transport network.

Cheers,
Adrian