Re: [mpls] validating incoming frames at an Ethernet interface of an LSR

Anoop Ghanwani <anoop@brocade.com> Wed, 24 June 2009 17:10 UTC

From: Anoop Ghanwani <anoop@brocade.com>
To: Jiang Yuan-long <yljiang@huawei.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:09:50 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] validating incoming frames at an Ethernet interface of an LSR

It's actually not just the interface; it's the
adjacency that matters.  This means that the validation
for the label would have to be done on a {src mac, vlan}
basis.  This, of course, only works for the
top label in the stack.

Validating packets for labels beyond the first
gets even more tricky because there is no information
in the packet that can help identify that the
frame was transmitted by a peer to which that
label was distributed.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like the specs require
any kind of validation.  I wanted to make sure
I wasn't missing something obvious.

Anoop