[mpls] Re: Regarding mplsTunnelTable (Aryan Thakkar)

"Josdeyvi Russi" <jrussi@uol.com.br> Tue, 17 January 2006 12:32 UTC

From: Josdeyvi Russi <jrussi@uol.com.br>
To: mpls@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:34:14 -0200
Subject: [mpls] Re: Regarding mplsTunnelTable (Aryan Thakkar)
Sender: mpls-bounces@lists.ietf.org

>  Hi,
>
>  I am new to SNMP/MPLS Tech. I want to know answers
>  certain questions:
>
>  1)I have gone through RFC 3812/3813 MIB, with
>  respect
>  to that I want to know that when we create an LSP,
>  how
>  can the hops of the LSPs be defined? That means
>  could
>  we define the hops of the LSP as per our wish or is
>  it
>  going to be decided by any default mechanism?

Yes, we can define the LSP as we wish or by means of an automatic way (using
LDP, for example). The MIB has extensions for all these cases.
I have created a SNMP agent for MPLS for Linux that right now allows the
creation of LSP in a hop-by-hop way, by hand. I will publish this agent at
Source Forge this up to this weekend. It follows MIB MPLS-LSR and MIB
MPLS-FTN. I do not finish the MIB MPLS-TE.
It will be great if someone continues this work and creates the support to
LDP and MIB MPLS-TE.

> 2)Also does a mplsXCTable support multiple push and
>  pop operations or does it support only swapping?

Yes, the MIB does support, and the SNMP agent I mentioned too.

?