Re: [mpls] draft-allan-pim-sr-mpls-multicast-framework and MPLS

Xiejingrong <xiejingrong@huawei.com> Thu, 19 July 2018 18:53 UTC

From: Xiejingrong <xiejingrong@huawei.com>
To: David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 18:52:59 +0000
Subject: Re: [mpls] draft-allan-pim-sr-mpls-multicast-framework and MPLS

Hi Allan
I really think the algorithm is very strong to calculate a very optimized tree, but the usage of the strong algorithm in the draft is complex and many people may do not like, especially when considering the implementation cost and the benefits.
So i suggest deviding things into two parts, one is algorithm like rfc7811, and one is the possible usage of the algorithm like rfc7812 and etc. The later one can be open to some others to make better benefits according to their usecase or solution.
But I don't know if a pure algorithm draft without a good enough applicability temporaryly can make this more acceptable or not.Just my comment.

Thank you to introduce a strong tree computing algorithm.

Jingrong

Sent From WeLink