Re: [mpls] FW: New Version Notification for draft-manral-mpls-rfc3811bis-02.txt

"Will Liu (Shucheng)" <liushucheng@huawei.com> Sun, 09 June 2013 12:06 UTC

From: "Will Liu (Shucheng)" <liushucheng@huawei.com>
To: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:05:57 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.78.79]
Subject: Re: [mpls] FW: New Version Notification for draft-manral-mpls-rfc3811bis-02.txt

Folks,

We addressed the comments from Francesco by updating the MplsLSPID description as pasted below. Please let us know your thoughts, thanks.

      MplsLSPID ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS        current
      DESCRIPTION
      "A unique identifier within an MPLS network that is
      assigned to each LSP.  This is assigned at the head
      end of the LSP and can be used by all LSRs
      to identify this LSP.  This value is piggybacked by
      the signaling protocol when this LSP is signaled
      within the network.  This identifier can then be
      used at each LSR to identify which labels are
      being swapped to other labels for this LSP.  This
      object  can also be used to disambiguate LSPs that
      share the same RSVP sessions between the same
      source and destination.

      For LSPs established using CR-LDP, the LSPID is
      composed of the ingress LSR Router ID (or any of
      its own IPv4 addresses) and a locally unique
      CR-LSP ID to that LSR.  The first two bytes carry
      the CR-LSPID, and the remaining 4 bytes carry
      the Router ID.  The LSPID is useful in network
      management, in CR-LSP repair, and in using
      an already established CR-LSP as a hop in
      an ER-TLV.

      For LSPs signaled using RSVP-TE, the LSP_ID is a local             -- we mainly updated this paragraph
      number defined as a 16-bit (2 byte) identifier used
      in the SENDER_TEMPLATE and the FILTER_SPEC that can be
      changed to allow a sender to share resources with itself.
      The LSP_ID is only unique within the context of the
      SESSION and it cannot be used as network identifier.  RSVP-TE
      signaling use a 5-tuple to uniquely identify an LSP within an
      operator's network.  This tuple is composed of a
      Tunnel End-point Address, Tunnel_ID, Extended Tunnel ID,
      Tunnel Sender Address, and LSP_ID.

      The length of this object should only be 2 or 6 bytes.
      If the length of this octet string is 2 bytes, then it
      must identify an RSVP-TE LSP_ID, or it is 6 bytes, it must
      contain a CR-LDP LSPID."
      REFERENCE

      "RSVP-TE:  Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels,
      [RFC3209].

      Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP,
      [RFC3212]."
      SYNTAX  OCTET STRING (SIZE (2|6))