Re: [mpls] The MPLS WG has placed draft-mirsky-mpls-bfd-bootstrap-clarify in state "Candidate for WG Adoption"

loa@pi.nu Sat, 20 January 2024 04:39 UTC

Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 05:39:21 +0100
From: loa@pi.nu
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk
Cc: 'Joel Halpern' <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, draft-mirsky-mpls-bfd-bootstrap-clarify@ietf.org, mpls@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls] The MPLS WG has placed draft-mirsky-mpls-bfd-bootstrap-clarify in state "Candidate for WG Adoption"

Adrian, Joel and working group,

I was there when we added the "Candidate for WG Adoption" state to the
tracker. The reason was that a working group may need to do some checks
and actions before starting the WGAP.

I always claimed the the name of the state is not intuitive, but we were
updating the tracker in real-time, and Robert said that we could change
name later.

However, I have never been able to come up with a better name.

The point is that "Candidate for WG Adoption" does not call for comments,
but is there to let chairs with authors and stakeholders to prepare the
WGAP,

That said it is never wrong to comment, whatever state a document is in.

/Loa