[mpls] one more thing on per-interface MIP addressing...

Rolf Winter <Rolf.Winter@neclab.eu> Wed, 05 December 2012 10:50 UTC

From: Rolf Winter <Rolf.Winter@neclab.eu>
To: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 10:50:09 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.7.0.198]
Subject: [mpls] one more thing on per-interface MIP addressing...

Hi,

let me add one more thing to the discussion. We had many of these discussions at various places like the mailing list, the meetings etc. The fixed location ID TLV e.g. was one of those and I attached one dated Email exchange on this, where I argued that this would be beneficial for an implementation at line rate. This is about 20 months ago. I really appreciate the debate we are having at the moment (I only wish we had it at the time when we discussed the various options and not during last call). So what I would like to say is that we should not go through all possible HW-friendly options again that have been discussed (at least not without going through the mailing list archives before hand) and reiterate the same discussions we had 2 years ago. I don't mind discussing two, but let as not add more.

Best,

Rolf

NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014