[mpls] Re: comments on draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-01

Ina Minei <ina@juniper.net> Thu, 19 October 2006 17:55 UTC

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:46:45 -0700
From: Ina Minei <ina@juniper.net>
To: jin.lizhong@zte.com.cn
Cc: mpls@lists.ietf.org
Subject: [mpls] Re: comments on draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-01

 	Please see answers below, marked ###.

 				Ina

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 jin.lizhong@zte.com.cn wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I read the draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-01 and have some questions.
>
> In section 2.1
> In which situation will the opaque value contains more than one LDP MP
> Opaque Value Elements?

### This depends on what is the information carried in the opaque value
element. This is outside the scope of this document. This document
is only concerned with how the information is encoded. Allowing multiple
of them ensures maximum flexibility.

> In section 4.1
> Does such a wildcard MP2MP FEC exist with only Opaque length set to 0,
> which is for matching root node address.
>
> In this draft, why wildcard P2MP FEC is not mentioned.

### It is defined in 2.1.

> In section 5
> "P2MP and MP2MP Downstream wildcard FEC may appear only in Label Request,
> Label Withdraw and Label Release messages."
> I do not think Label Request will be used with P2MP and MP2MP Downstream
> wildcard FEC, for P2MP/MP2MP LSP is initialized by
> leaf node. And when will the upstream node send Label Request to the
> downstream node?
>
> "MP2MP Upstream wildcard FEC may appear only in Label Withdraw and Label
> Release messages."
> When the leaf node initialized the MP2MP LSP, it may or may not send Label
> Request Message with MP2MP Upstream wildcard FEC.
> However it is reasonable to send Label Request Message with MP2MP Upstream
> wildcard FEC, for it is issued by the leaf node.
> Then MP2MP Upstream wildcard FEC may appear in Label Request.
>
> Maybe I have missed some key point. Thanks!

### You may want to look at the wildcard FEC draft
draft-thomas-mpls-ldp-typed-wildcard-00.txt