Re: [mpls] ahRE: draft-bashandy-mpls-ldp-bgp-frr-00 motivation

<stephane.litkowski@orange.com> Tue, 27 March 2012 08:55 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:55:24 +0200
From: stephane.litkowski@orange.com
To: Jeff Tantsura <jeff.tantsura@ericsson.com>
Cc: IETF MPLS <mpls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] ahRE: draft-bashandy-mpls-ldp-bgp-frr-00 motivation

I totally agree with your point as if the P router is not directly connected to the protected PE, the solution doesn't bring any improvement compared to PIC Edge.
The solution as a value for a repairing P connnected to the PE and so detecting the failure immediately.
If the repairing P is remote to the failure, we are no more in a FRR case ... And I think this should be prevented ...