Re: [mpls] MIB DR review of draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-08.txt

"Joan Cucchiara" <jcucchiara@mindspring.com> Mon, 25 February 2008 21:32 UTC

From: Joan Cucchiara <jcucchiara@mindspring.com>
To: Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@lucidvision.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:44:18 -0500
Cc: mpls@ietf.org, Agrahara S Kiran Koushik <kkoushik@cisco.com>, "MIB Doctors (E-mail)" <mib-doctors@ietf.org>, "Dan Romascanu (E-mail)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
Subject: Re: [mpls] MIB DR review of draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-08.txt
Sender: mpls-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Tom,

> Hi Joan,
>

> First, thanks for taking the time to go over the document again. The

Your welcome!

> comments
> are minor except for the one I have a question/comment about below, so  we
> will
> fix those in a follow on version ASAP.
>
>> MIB Dr review of  draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-08.txt
>>
>> Tom, et al.
>>
>> Following are the review comments from the previous version
>> of the MIB.  There are a few overall comments followed by
>> comments in order of the document.
>> I have indicated that the comment has been
>> "DONE", "NOT DONE" or if comment is
>> a new comment "NEW".
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joan
>>
>> Overall COMMENTs
>> ---------------
>>
>> *) MIB compiles cleanly with smiLint and
>> smicngPRO. (applies to version 8)
>>
>> *) First overall comment has to do with the organization
>> of the MIB module itself; a better way
>> to represent the objects would be to have separate MIB
>> modules for General, One2One and Facility. Even the scalar objects  seem
>> dependent on
>> which method is being used so seems that separate
>> MIB modules would help to clarify this.
>> Please comment.
>> NOT DONE. (Think we need to get this comment addressed
>> since many of the other comments marked NOT DONE are
>> related to this.)
>
> Sorry. I think we left this to ask the WG because it was such a major
> change
> and never got around to doing so. DOH!
>
> I will agree to breaking up the MIB into different modules if we can
> agree
> that the agent conformance statements need not be overly complex in  their
> interactions.
> That is, I see three modules called:
>
> MPLS-FRR-GENERAL-STD-MIB MPLS-FRR-ONE2ONE-STD-MIB
> MPLS-FRR-FACILITY-STD-MIB
> In the latter two modules, each requires only the mandatory objects
> from the MPLS-FRR-GENERAL-STD-MIB. I do not want the latter two  modules
> require each other in any way (which is why we have a General module).
>
> Does this seem reasonable to you?

This seems reasonable as long as the scalars which are related to
a specific method are included in the appropriate MIB Module for that
specific method
(Also,  the scalars need to be edited so that they apply only to their
specific method
as described in the comments below), then yes, I think this would be the
best approach.

Thanks,
   Joan