Re: [mpls] SR-MPLS Service Programming usecase for Open DT

liu.yao71@zte.com.cn Wed, 22 September 2021 02:07 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 10:06:58 +0800
From: liu.yao71@zte.com.cn
To: haoyu.song@futurewei.com
Cc: mpls@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls] SR-MPLS Service Programming usecase for Open DT

Hi Haoyu,

I think there're some differences between the SR-MPLS SFC usecase and the network programming usecase.
The purpose and the content of the data carried after the BOS of these two usecases are not the same.
The purpose of SR-MPLS SFC usecase is to achieve SFC by SR-MPLS instead of NSH. The data required to be carried after the BOS is metadata for SFC. A new extension header may be defined for it or maybe we reuse existing header like NSH or SRH or something else.
The purpose of network programming usecase is to support the equivalent of FUNC::ARG in SRv6.  And the content of the data carried after the BOS contains FUNC:ARGs, segment count and pointers as for my understanding.

Regards,
Yao