Re: [mpls] Last call on tidying up Expired MPLS WG I-Ds

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Thu, 07 December 2023 10:51 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 11:51:27 +0100
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk, mpls@ietf.org
Cc: 'MPLS Working Chairs' <mpls-chairs@ietf.org>
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Subject: Re: [mpls] Last call on tidying up Expired MPLS WG I-Ds

MPLS chairs,

I did a very similar effort early 2019

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/mpls/B709FmCy6mpn8IcDoQQXhxI7j1k/

and got very few answers. I have not checked the two list against each
other, but they should (at least prior to 2019) be very similar.

One thing that we discovered was that there were some missing "replaces"
or "replaced by" that we corrected, if anyone have the energy that
should be checked again- If documents gone ahead and become RFC we don't
want to lose the roots.

There are a few draft that I think we should keep:

draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-yang
-------------------------

MLDP is deployed so I guess the YANG model is needed. I'm a co-author,
but I don't feel comfortable to do this on my own, if there is someone
with better YANH competence than me I will help.

draft-ietf-mpls-static-yang

I believe this is an operational case, and the the spec is needed.

draft-ietf-mpls-framework

I would like to point out that there was a conscious decission to let
this document expire among the authors. I was a bit involved, we did
drive framework. architecture and LDP targeting to get them to IESG at
the same time, we only succeeded moderately.

If someone want to to work on this, I would be happy to contribute.

/Loa