[mpls] Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-yasukawa-mpls-p2mp-oam-reqs-01.txt

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Wed, 12 October 2005 21:01 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: mpls@ietf.org, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.se>, George Swallow <swallow@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:53:42 +0100
Cc: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <tnadeau@cisco.com>
Subject: [mpls] Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-yasukawa-mpls-p2mp-oam-reqs-01.txt
Sender: mpls-bounces@lists.ietf.org

Hi,

We have produced an updated version of our P2MP OAM requirements I-D to
address comments made on the list, in Paris, and in private emails.

We would welcome further input on this I-D.

We would also like to suggest to the chairs that this I-D is in scope for
the WG and would be of value in advancing the charter item on P2MP
MPLS-TE. We ask that they consider making it a WG draft.

In summary the changes are:

Section 4.1
Add paragraph to discuss scaling issues with using ping in probing mode
for P2MP LSPs.

Section 4.2
Clarify use of timeout while listening for ping response in diagnostic
mode

Section 4.3
Reword text about path characterization to make the meaning clearer, and
add example.

Section 4.6
Add text to explain that alarm aggregation takes place in two dimensions
for P2MP LSPs.

Section 4.8
Fixed goofed text

Section 4.8
Add note about fault recovery.

Section 4.9
Fix goofed text

Section 4.11
Clarify requirement for understanding where traffic is branched.

Cheers,
Adrian