Re: [mpls] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation-02

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Fri, 22 February 2019 16:43 UTC

To: "Andrew G. Malis" <agmalis@gmail.com>, "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <cpignata@cisco.com>
Cc: mpls <mpls@ietf.org>, "ops-dir@ietf.org" <ops-dir@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation.all@ietf.org>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>, "sfc@ietf.org" <sfc@ietf.org>
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:43:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [mpls] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation-02

My comment on this may not have made it to everyone.  If you receive a
duplicate, I apologize  (I received DMARC errors from something about
translations from the draft.all address to gmail addresses.)

Speaking as a co-author...

It is not at all clear to me that GTSM applies or how it would apply.
There is no requirement that successive SFF be one MPLS hop apart.

Yours,
Joel