Re: [multimob] Proposal for a work item agenda

"Thomas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@informatik.haw-hamburg.de> Wed, 13 May 2009 20:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 22:38:23 +0200
From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@informatik.haw-hamburg.de>
To: gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk
Cc: multimob@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [multimob] Proposal for a work item agenda

Hi Gorry,

> I'm still hoping to be at the conference call - but there could possibly
> be a conflict, but let's keep the charter discussion going on the list
> as well....

I won't make it ... so I'll be bound to the list ;)

> My questions at the moment are:
>
> - can we add a list of draft names to the milestones (where documents
> exist)?

yes, that's actually easy (if we omit the many PS / Req drafts).

I know of drafts for the following work items:

  2. MLD extensions for enhanced mobile multicast services: Experimental /
     standards track document on additional MLD functions that improve
multicast
     in the mobile regime (e.g., listener hold, etc.).

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-extensions

  5. Multicast listener optimizations in PMIPv6 (+ extensions) domains:
     Experimental / standards track document on additional multicast +
     mobility functions for traffic optimization in PMIPv6 and emerging
     extensions.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asaeda-multimob-pmip6-extension-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sijeon-netlmm-mms-pmip6-01.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-yang-multimob-mip6-mc-tunnel-opt-00.txt

  6. Multicast listener extensions for MIPv6 Fast Handovers:  Experimental
     / standards track document on multicast extensions in FMIPv6.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-suh-mipshop-fmcast-mip6-00
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-multicast-01.txt

  7. Multicast listener extensions for Hierarchical MIPv6:  Experimental
     / standards track document on multicast extensions in HMIPv6.

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt

> - is the multi-homing a milestone for the original charter and one
> for which we expect a draft at the BoF?  or is it proposed future work
> for the WG?

This I don't know: actually, it does not appear particularly difficult
to tackle ... but I haven't heard of anybody working on a document.

Best,

Thomas
--

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °