Re: [multimob] [Fwd: New Version Notification fordraft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01]

Frank Xia <xiayangsong@huawei.com> Fri, 12 March 2010 16:32 UTC

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:21:45 -0600
From: Frank Xia <xiayangsong@huawei.com>
To: "'Thomas C. Schmidt'" <schmidt@informatik.haw-hamburg.de>, 'Min Hui' <huimin.cmcc@gmail.com>
Cc: multimob@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [multimob] [Fwd: New Version Notification fordraft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01]

Hi Thomas

Just I told you in another email, we had a draft
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-multicast-01.txt
which was presented at IETF 66, and Multimob BarBoF.

I was going to update the draft adopting the following principles:

1)Unifying multicast FMIP and PFMIP handover procedure, that is
 FBU/FBack messages won't be touched. I would like to  view
 multicast mobility is an application of unicast mobility. When
 a mobile node moves, it is also assumed that corresponding
 multicast traffic should be handovered to NAR.

2)MLD query is used to collect multicast context, which is
applicable not only to FMIP but also PFMIP. HI/HACK are
used for context transferring between PAR(PMAG)/NAR(NMAG)

3)Extending MLD/IGMP for Specific MLD Query. You use general MLD
 Query which is fine when point-to-point link model adopted,
 and PMIP "currently" is only for point-to-point link, but FMIP
 is for both shared-link and point-to-point link.

BR
Frank