[multipathtcp] MPTCP Implementation survey

<philip.eardley@bt.com> Fri, 03 May 2013 17:02 UTC

From: philip.eardley@bt.com
To: multipathtcp@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 17:06:46 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
Subject: [multipathtcp] MPTCP Implementation survey

Hi,
If you're an MPTCP Implementer, it would be very much appreciated if you could fill in our Implementation Survey.

This is all part of our effort to upgrade MPTCP from Experimental to Standards track - by showing there are several independent implementations and that the issues and protocol features have been carefully thought about and tested.
We're also gathering feedback on the things that need to be improved - or need to be deleted, as they haven't been implemented or not proved useful.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eardley-mptcp-implementations-survey

If you have implemented MPTCP but not announced it, your reply would also be very much appreciated. The i-d suggests an anonymisation procedure; please invent something else if you prefer.

If you (the implementation team) cannot answer a question, just skip it - partial responses will also be very valuable.

Please return your completed survey to the MPTCP Chairs: Philip Eardley <philip.eardley@bt.com> and Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp>.

Our hope is to get replies by roughly the end of May, so that there's plenty of time for a summary of the responses to form a key part of a 'next steps' discussion in Berlin.

Also, if there's interest and implementers think it is worthwhile, we could arrange an interop event for Berlin. Please let us know what you think.

Thanks!
Best wishes
Phil & Yoshifumi.

--

Survey of MPTCP Implementations (blank version for implementers to fill

                                  in)

             draft-eardley-mptcp-implementations-survey-01<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eardley-mptcp-implementations-survey-01>

Abstract

   This survey gathers information from people who have implemented

   MPTCP, in particular to help progress the protocol from Experimental

   to Standards track.

   It is ready to be filled in, if you are an implementer.  Thank-you!