Re: [multipathtcp] Negotiating TCP extensions in the SYN-SYN/ACK

Michio Honda <micchie@sfc.wide.ad.jp> Fri, 08 March 2013 22:12 UTC

From: Michio Honda <micchie@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 23:06:46 +0100
To: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
Cc: MultiPath TCP - IETF WG <multipathtcp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] Negotiating TCP extensions in the SYN-SYN/ACK

Just a note, we should distinguish middleboxes from buggy endpoints.
Exchanging options on data packets just confirms that a middlebox does not affect options.
Preventing from such a buggy endpoint should happen independently, for example, defining a rule like "Returning value of the option MUST differ from the original one".

Cheers,
- Michio