DNSSEXT draft agenda IETF 60

"Olaf M. Kolkman" <olaf@ripe.net> Fri, 23 July 2004 14:28 UTC

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <olaf@ripe.net>
Subject: DNSSEXT draft agenda IETF 60
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:28:04 +0200
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Cc: agenda@ietf.org
To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

Coleagues

Here is an updated draft agenda, consider this the final draft. Note
that we do probably not need 2.5 hours on thursday. We scheaduled in
such a way that the room can be made available in case other groups
need time.

If I have made omissions, please let me know.

--Olaf Kolkman
  DNSEXT co-chair.

DRAFT DNSEXT Agenda IETF 60.

We have two sessions. We try to get the DNSSEC work done in the firts
session but may have to use the second session for continuation of the
discussion.

Monday Aug 2, 09:00-11:30 1st slot
DNSSEC session

- WG Administrivia   (approx 10 min)
  + Session administration
    - Appointment Scribes
    - Agenda Bashing
    - Previous Minutes
      http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2003/msg02219.html

- Reid: DNS-MODA plug (approx 3 min, no discussion)

- DNSSEC Deployment issues

  + Report on implementation

  + Key management topics (approx 60 minutes)
    - StJohns: draft-stjohns-dnssec-trustupdate-01
    - Ihren: DNSSEC in-band key rollover
       (draft-kolkman-dnsext-dnssec-in-band-rollover-00)

-  Requirements for future work on Denial of Existence (approx 60 minutes)

  Loomis/Laurie: Requirements overview

  Possible transitions
  + draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-trans-00.txt

  Possible approaches
  + Arends: DNSNR draft-arends-dnsnr-00.txt
  + Laurie: NSEC2 http://www.links.org/dnssec/draft-laurie-dnsext-nsec2-00.txt

- Wrapup (approx 10 minutes)

This session is parallel to:
APP  apparea    Applications Open Area Meeting
INT  dnsext     DNS Extensions WG *
IRTF mobopts    IP Mobility Optimizations
OPS  multi6     Site Multihoming in IPv6 WG
OPS  hubmib     Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB WG
RTG  manet      Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
SEC  msec       Multicast Security WG
TSV  xcon       Centralized Conference WG

 --------------------  --------------------  --------------------

2nd slot
Thursday Aug 5, 9:00-10:15(!)
Other DNSEXT extention work.

- Schlyter: Report on RFC 3597 interoperability testing.
  http://www.rfc.se/interop3597              (approx 10 minutes)

- Eastlake: draft-eastlake-tsig-sha-03.txt   (approx 5 minutes)

- Austein: draft-austein-dnsext-nsid-01.txt  (approx 10 minutes)
  (Related to this work in DNSOP: draft-ietf-dnsop-serverid-02 )

- More WG Administrivia	                     (approx 15 minutes)
  + Document Status
  + Charter Review

- Open mike

  Possibly continuation of Monday morning discussions.

This session is parallel to:
APP  atompub    Atom Publishing Format and Protocol WG
GEN  newtrk     New IETF Standards Track Discussion WG
INT  dnsext     DNS Extensions WG *
INT  hip        Host Identity Protocol WG
RTG  mpls       Multi Protocol Label Switching WG
SEC  mass       Message Authentication Signature Standards BOF
SEC  msec       Multicast Security WG
TSV  tsvwg      Transport Area Working Group