Re: [dnsext] Forgery resilience and meeting in Stockholm

Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT chair <ogud@ogud.com> Wed, 20 May 2009 15:22 UTC

Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:17:30 -0400
To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT chair <ogud@ogud.com>
Subject: Re: [dnsext] Forgery resilience and meeting in Stockholm
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

With less than one day left before the chairs need to make a determination.
The purpose of this message is to point out that the discussion has
possibly been derailed by heated arguments about the merits of a subset of the
options, at the detriment of other options.

At this point we have enough support to say EDNS0 Ping is acceptable for
further study, even though there is a large number detractors.
(option #4)

It is close call for option #3 x20

There is no public support for option #2, and no one has argued for option #1.

If you are in favor of options #1, #2 or #5 now is the time to speak up.

As an experiment I have set up a poll for the different options,
http://www.doodle.com/7yvife73qvwtnr5m

Feel free to post to namedroppers or participate in the pool.
When you participate in the poll use a name that I can correlate to
a namedroppers subscription i.e. no AB or BA names.

thanks
         Olafur

    Olafur