[dnsext] CNAME check Re: [WGLC: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates-16]

"Yao Jiankang" <yaojk@cnnic.cn> Wed, 01 February 2012 14:17 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=ietf.org; s=ietf1; t=1328105861; bh=wxb6ubctLISoQ++qM4MaG4KyN5miDnerxXgvcutG3Eg=; h=Message-ID:From:To:References:Date:MIME-Version:Subject:List-Id: List-Unsubscribe:List-Archive:List-Post:List-Help:List-Subscribe: Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:Sender; b=LnXwoW4z/iU+maS8ZV4OP1DlB9vpBeGJ77S2qzqftPJ636GrCziEdtHQ6XM7jI/J8 rKGbdAiWEV3HG0Iax0YLs+GLH9+UKl2Zc4hK6o6jhUfmSx/HFWqfq9dfdiMbN+ZOrw 7Aj0kGfdsN3AfrFMWkaRNNT9CTAyeLhtEJ6wz1eQ=
From: Yao Jiankang <yaojk@cnnic.cn>
To: bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com, dnsext@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:50:14 +0800
Subject: [dnsext] CNAME check Re: [WGLC: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates-16]
Sender: dnsext-bounces@ietf.org

For Section 4.3.  "Check for CNAME",

In order to accommade the possible CNAME synthesis extension, how about
adding the following sentence or sentence with the similar meaning in the
section 4.3?

"
When validating the CNAME, if the CNAME has not matching RRSIG and the
validator can not decide whether the CNAME is the synthesis of other names
such as the DNAME, this CNAME should be neglected."

Jiankang Yao