Re: WG Action: RECHARTER: DNS Extensions (dnsext)

Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com> Fri, 11 February 2005 09:59 UTC

From: Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>
Subject: Re: WG Action: RECHARTER: DNS Extensions (dnsext)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:59:44 -0500
Cc: Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com>, Olaf Kolkman <olaf@ripe.net>
To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

>          + RFC3??? AXFR clarify to Draft Standard.

I thought AXFR clarify died a horrible and tragic death after a short and
ill-fated attempt to impose unnecessary changes made by Bind on the rest
of the DNS implmentations.

Why is this still on the list?

Possibly AXFR does need to be clarified. I think it was agreed that the
current spec was vague, but Bind groups' proposed solution was universally
rejected (by everyone except those associated with Bind, of course)

I may be willing to write a clarification for AXFR that corrects the
ambiguity in the fashion accepted by all of the non-Bind server
implementations.

		--Dean

617 344 9000