RE: DNSEXT WGLC: DS SHA-256

Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com> Tue, 27 December 2005 04:50 UTC

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com>
Subject: RE: DNSEXT WGLC: DS SHA-256
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:50:11 -0500
To: Wes Hardaker <hardaker@tislabs.com>, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

draft-eastlake-sha2 is indeed a personal submission targeted for Informational, like RFC 3174.

I'm fine with the reference being Informative. The FIPS document is the normative specification of the algorithm.

I believe that it is, indeed, near completion and I will be uploaded an updated draft in a day or two.
Due to the problems with SHA-1, I believe it will be given some priority even though it is an individual submission.

Thanks,
Donald