Re: [dnsext] New Version Notification for draft-mcgrew-tss-02 (fwd)

Michael StJohns <mstjohns@comcast.net> Wed, 11 March 2009 03:40 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:35:50 -0400
To: bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com
From: Michael StJohns <mstjohns@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [dnsext] New Version Notification for draft-mcgrew-tss-02 (fwd)
Cc: Alfred Hönes <ah@tr-sys.de>, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, dnsop@ietf.org
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

I've got one.  I modified an implementation of Shoup by Steve Weis which does raw RSA sigs to do PKCS1-v1.5 RSA signatures and from those to do DNSSEC signing.  It allows the generation and wrapping of shares under remotely generated public keys - e.g. share holder public keys.  When signatures are required, the data to be signed is sent to the share holders who decrypt their share with their private key, do a partial signature and return the signature share to the central location (or post it to a mailing list :-) ).  The zone manager combines the partial signatures into a DNSSEC formatted RRSIG, verifies the signature is correct across the RRSet and then publishes it.

Let me see if I can get permission to distribute it.

Hmm.. looks like he's posted the underlying libraries.  See http://code.google.com/p/threshsig/updates/list

Mike