Re: [dnsext] Issues in WGLC of dnssec-bis-updates

"W.C.A. Wijngaards" <wouter@nlnetlabs.nl> Tue, 07 February 2012 15:35 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=ietf.org; s=ietf1; t=1328628904; bh=be+jBzBbnr39h9hcpMgf/+RAcDhWpiHevIVh/QSQuw0=; h=Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:References:In-Reply-To: Subject:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:List-Archive:List-Post:List-Help: List-Subscribe:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Sender; b=ebUZyD82XBQkZHnHWRBnbvoCBF86HcYw1pWkHSbVDfaaMPO+uWNCP1IkS+DFJ0aYJ 6Nn39tWLnrsTXcXkDj2cxKxgPuBYST/ZE6ZUD29QeA7+w26uevDdxtsfTL9VluyMYx 8PqmIxsQicIl4xLcH6SNxo0WR53SOtKuJfv1ZRu8=
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 16:34:52 +0100
From: "W.C.A. Wijngaards" <wouter@nlnetlabs.nl>
To: dnsext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dnsext] Issues in WGLC of dnssec-bis-updates
Sender: dnsext-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Andrew,

I support the default actions you describe.  Below are reasons for
things I feel more strongly about.

> ISSUE 1: Indeterminacy of Indeterminate

I feel the first (4033) is a better description.  I personally use a
definition for this as: this portion of the tree does not have a trust
anchor above it (higher up the hierarchy), and therefore is not secure,
insecure, or bogus.  Note that with the root trust anchor the
indeterminate state no longer occurs, since we know everything is
covered by that trust anchor.

> ISSUE 2: Ignoring CNAME signatures

The change requested seems impossible (not compatible with deployed
code, and not future compatible with intended feature too) to me, thus I
support no change.

Best regards,
   Wouter