Re: [MEXT] MEXT WG drafts (re)naming and submission

Thierry Ernst <thierry.ernst@inria.fr> Wed, 19 December 2007 09:24 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:24:12 +0100
From: Thierry Ernst <thierry.ernst@inria.fr>
To: mext@ietf.org, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Subject: Re: [MEXT] MEXT WG drafts (re)naming and submission

Well, there are documents in the former WGs which may have been accepted
as WG docs AFTER the MEXT charter was first drafted. If that was the
case (i.e. the document was accepted by the WG and the AD, and listed as
draft-ietf- on the WG charter), MEXT should inherit the document too...
(the doc was anyway accepted at some point in time; it doesn't matter
much if that was during the MEXT chartering process or the MIP6, NEMO or
MonAmi6 process. The same applies for a document for which a WG may have
decided to drop it for some reasons.

Jari, please inlight us about the procedure here.

The same reasoning applies to the NEMO Prefix Delegation draft. However,
the discussion we had on the list and during the WG seems to indicate
that the 2 current solutions didn't receive enough feedback in the past,
and there may be other ways. So, in that specific case, it is useful to
reconsider the document (but the 2 were accepted as NEMO WG docs some
time in the past).

Thierry