Re: [nemo] Request for your comments on a new RO draft

"Jaehoon Jeong" <paul@etri.re.kr> Mon, 16 June 2003 12:59 UTC

From: Jaehoon Jeong <paul@etri.re.kr>
To: "Na, Jong Keun" <jkna@popeye.snu.ac.kr>
Cc: NEMO WG <nemo@nal.motlabs.com>, 박정수 <pjs@etri.re.kr>, 김형준 <khj@etri.re.kr>, 이경진 <leekj@etri.re.kr>, 김병엽 <skylane@etri.re.kr>, 차현욱 <jafy@etri.re.kr>, 정재훈 <paul@etri.re.kr>
Subject: Re: [nemo] Request for your comments on a new RO draft
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:51:17 +0900
Sender: nemo-admin@ietf.org

Hi, Jong Keun.

inlines:-)

    For Route Optimization (RO), I think, each MNN (VMN or LMN) should perform
    the mobility management related to RO.
    Because RO uses the access network directly, each mobile node is efficient to perform its RO
    in the same manner as MIPv6.

> To the best of my knowledge, In NEMO, it’s a basic principal for MR to manage the mobility of
> mobile network transparently to nodes behind it.

    Only when RO is excluded in NENO operation, it is right.
    For local fixed node (LFN), the mobility of NEMO is still transparent.
    The scope of RO of my draft is for mobile nodes, either local mobile node (LMN) or
    visiting mobile node (VMN).

> If nodes behind MR get new CoA of the access link via Proxy-ND each time MR changes
> the point of attachment, all of nodes have to directly process each their handover(L3 address changed).

     All mobile nodes need not participate in the RO suggested in my draft.
     How about only mobile nodes that need RO performing the RO?
     RO can be performed only by mobile nodes that can understand the extended prefix information option
     of RA message, including the prefix of a new access network.
     It is reasonable, I think.
     In conclusion, for RO, each mobile node is reasonable to perform its return routability and
     binding update procedure by itself.

> How do you think of my point?
> If something missed, please correct me. Thanks.
>
> /Jong

    Thanks for your interest.

    /Jaehoon