Re: [MEXT] Home Link Detection [Fwd: I-DAction:draft-krishnan-mext-hld-01.txt]

"George Tsirtsis" <tsirtsis@googlemail.com> Thu, 03 April 2008 08:28 UTC

Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 09:28:15 +0100
From: George Tsirtsis <tsirtsis@googlemail.com>
To: jouni.korhonen@teliasonera.com
Cc: mext@ietf.org, julien.IETF@laposte.net
Subject: Re: [MEXT] Home Link Detection [Fwd: I-DAction:draft-krishnan-mext-hld-01.txt]
Sender: mext-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Jouni,

I think your comments as well as comments from Julien and others
correctly suggest that the way address allocation is performed on a
link does not matter. So the draft should not assume anything. This
essentially means that the first 4 bullets of section 4:

"   o  The MN sends out a Router Solicitation
   o  The MN receives a Router Advertisement in response with one or
      more Prefix Information Options as specified in [RFC4861].
   o  The MN autoconfigures an address from one of the received prefixes
      that have the autonomous address configuration flag set.  This
      address is referred to as the Current MN Address (CMA)
   o  The MN stores all the prefix(es) received along with their prefix
      lengths in the RA in a conceptual list called the Current Link
      Prefix List (CLPL)"

...should be replaced with one bullet that says something like "the MN
learns the on-link prefixes and configures an address according to
mechanisms available on the link-type it is connected to."

Suresh can also add an arbitrary number of acronyms to make it sound
more importnant :-)

Regards
George