RE: [nemo] I-D ACTION:draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt

"Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com> Thu, 02 October 2003 15:53 UTC

Subject: RE: [nemo] I-D ACTION:draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:52:00 +0100
From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com>
To: paul@etri.re.kr
Cc: nemo@ietf.org
Sender: nemo-admin@ietf.org

Hi Paul:

I read your draft with great interest, and it seems fair to discuss RO
now that basic nemo has progressed a lot. I found the solution
attractive and very clever. It has a close alternate with MR doing
transparent bridging, where you'd use flooding down the nested tree
(used as a spanning tree) to locate a CareOF and set the states.

For both approaches, I wonder how the mobility of a subtree works,
because it's all states in the intermediate routers that need to be
maintained. This is BTW the reason why we emulated source route bridging
(with RRH) as opposed to transparent, though transparent looked more
attractive for other reasons, including the HA side.

What do you think?

Pascal

Nodes in