[nemo] Re: Comments on draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-00.txt

Ryuji Wakikawa <ryuji@sfc.wide.ad.jp> Thu, 18 November 2004 07:25 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:19:52 +0900
From: Ryuji Wakikawa <ryuji@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
To: cjbc@it.uc3m.es
Cc: nemo@ietf.org, ryuji@sfc.wide.ad.jp
Subject: [nemo] Re: Comments on draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-00.txt
Sender: nemo-bounces@ietf.org

Hello Carlos

Sorry for late reply.

You are right.

We can not achieve an optimal route for Internet-toNEMO only with
MANET. In the Internet-to-"Nested"NEMO case, MANET can help optmized
routing for a few hops (that are inside nested NEMO).

For example, if nested MR sends BU with root-MR's CoA, packets are
directly reached to root-MR and root-MR can route packets to the
nested MR by MANET. You may be interested in ORC draft.
http://www1.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wakikawa-nemo-orc-00.txt

thanks
ryuji