Re: [Netconf] New Version Notification for draft-wu-netconf-base-notification-nmda-00.txt

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Sat, 03 March 2018 13:32 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "netconf@ietf.org" <netconf@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 13:32:15 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.45.63.83]
Subject: Re: [Netconf] New Version Notification for draft-wu-netconf-base-notification-nmda-00.txt

Hi, Folks:
Here is the summary of base notification nmda idea.
NMDA introduces additional datastores for systems that support more advanced processing chains converting configuration to operational
state.  Support the monitoring of the base system events pertaining to these datatores hasn't been covered in NETCONF Base Notifications [RFC6470].
This document updates RFC6470] and define additional common system event to support the NDMA.

In addition, this document also clarify the relationship with YANG PUSH:

1. YANG push can only be used to send per subscription datastore contents invoked by the client via subscription.
While the event notification we proposed can be used to report data change event associated with multiple subscriptions of the receiver.

2.Secondly, YANG push define push change update as application specific notification. The notification we proposed is general purpose notification, that is to say, this notification is not tied to specific subscription id.

3. Third, push change update notification defined in YANG push is used to push entire or portion of datastore contents while the notification we defined is used to report datastore change metadata which is not covered
by YANG push.

Appreciate if we receive more comments on this draft in addition to offline comments we solicit. Many thanks!

-Qin