Re: [netext] WGLC: draft-ietf-netext-ani-location-04.txt

<Dirk.von-Hugo@telekom.de> Tue, 18 November 2014 14:12 UTC

From: Dirk.von-Hugo@telekom.de
To: bpatil1@gmail.com, netext@ietf.org, draft-ietf-netext-ani-location@tools.ietf.org
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 15:12:45 +0100
acceptlanguage: de-DE
Subject: Re: [netext] WGLC: draft-ietf-netext-ani-location-04.txt

Dear WG, authors, and chairs,
I have reviewed the draft and think it is in good shape. I recommend to go forward with the document … after update where you might consider some nits I found:

Generally I propose to use consistent writing of Update-Timer (instead of all variations as update timer, update Timer, Update timer etc.) and of sub-option  (as in rfc6757, instead of Sub option, sub option etc.)

additionally:
Abstract and intro:
a ANI -> an ANI (twice, in the rest of doc it already says ‘an ANI’)
etc). ->  etc.).

p.3
known as Wireless LAN Controller -> known as Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
sub-options.The -> sub-options. The

ch. 3.1
Note that the length shall not exceed 253 bytes -> Note that the length SHALL NOT exceed 253 bytes (?? I am not really sure about this! There are other may and must which might be capital ones ref. to 2.1, please check!)

ch.3.3
Figure 3: Network-Identifier Sub-option -> Figure 3: ANI Update-Timer Sub-option
ANI length fields -> ANI Length fields (3 times, for reasons of consistency)
A non zero value -> A non-zero value

Ch. 4.1
based on a exchange -> based on an exchange
Information mobility options included the Proxy Binding Update -> Information mobility options included _in_ the Proxy Binding Update

Ch. 6
exposes the civic location of the network to which the mobile node is attached -> may expose the civic location of the access point to which the mobile node is attached (I think ‘network location’ may be quite blurry and thus not so critical)
IPSec Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) -> should we add reference [RFC4303<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4303>] here?

Thanks and best regards
Dirk