[netext] Follow-up on draft-route-optimization-agent // Re: IETF76 Meeting minutes

Xiangsong Cui <Xiangsong.Cui@huawei.com> Mon, 14 December 2009 02:06 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:06:17 +0800
From: Xiangsong Cui <Xiangsong.Cui@huawei.com>
To: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com, netext@ietf.org
Cc: Antti Mäkelä <antti.makela@tkk.fi>
Subject: [netext] Follow-up on draft-route-optimization-agent // Re: IETF76 Meeting minutes

Dear Raj and others

> Reflector Extension for Route Optimization Agent Xiansong Cui
> draft-cui-netext-route-optimization-agent-ext-01.txt 5 Mins
>
> CJB: Why LMA, not MAG doing this? Some work done for RO in Nemo,
> please take a look
> BP: Need to shut down and conclude

For the first comment, I chose MAG to implement the function because the
agent function looks like a reactive proxy or a keeper gateway for the
attached MN, so I integrated this function into MAG entity. I do agree that
LMA can do this function, that is OK. I highlight this point in section 3.4 and
4.1 of 02 version.

For the second comment, I had a discussion with Carlos after the F2F
meeting, and he imparted the related work to me. Thanks Carlos again.
I reflects this comment in section 3.3 of 02 version.

Antti Makela and I have updated the draft to 02 version,
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-cui-netext-route-optimization-agent-ext-02.txt
If possible, we wish this draft may be adopted as a WG item.

Any comment is highly appreciated!

Thanks and regards
Xiangsong