Re: [netext] PMIP6 and roaming

Qin Wu <sunseawq@huawei.com> Wed, 19 August 2009 03:10 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:05:45 +0800
From: Qin Wu <sunseawq@huawei.com>
To: Mohana Jeyatharan <Mohana.Jeyatharan@sg.panasonic.com>, Marco Liebsch <marco.liebsch@nw.neclab.eu>
Cc: netext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] PMIP6 and roaming

Hi, Mohana and all:
As you mentioned, PMIP domain and administrative domain coincides, I agree. e.g.,in many cases, one PMIP domain can cover multiple adminstrative domains. However how to define one administrative domain? In your understanding, one administrative domain can be examplified as one subnet or a logical division of one access network in 3GPP scenario? am I right? Is it  what we understand for the definition of adminitrative domain?
From my understanding, the term of "administrative domain" is more generic term and very confusing, e.g, I can say one AAA domain is a administrative domain too or adminstrative domain can be examplified as *a geographic mobility domain*. So if we consider to use this term in the PS draft, we should be very careful what it exact means.

Regards!
-Qin