Re: [netlmm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-lma-discovery-01.txt

Xiangsong Cui <Xiangsong.Cui@huawei.com> Tue, 01 September 2009 06:10 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:10:05 +0800
From: Xiangsong Cui <Xiangsong.Cui@huawei.com>
To: Vijay Devarapalli <vijay@wichorus.com>
Cc: netlmm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netlmm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-lma-discovery-01.txt

Hi Vijay,

I am sorry I can't agree on this.
I think this is a dangerous overflow.

For example, let's take a look on MIP4 protocol, which is
host-based. I am sure you know it better than me.

When the MIP4 node sends Registration Request to the network,
it encapsulates the mobility signal in UDP payload.
This mechanism, which offers the binding information, is in scope
of mobility management, is in CMIP scope.

While in this case, the MN sends the LMA information to the network.
In my understanding, binding information and LMA information
are both mobility related information.

If you say the solution of passing LMA information to the network
is in scope of PMIP, could you kindly tell me, where is the boundary
between CMIP and PMIP?

Regards
Xiangsong